Who are we?
Rush Construction Services is an independent Design, Planning, Project Management and Cost Consultancy created in 1988 by a Quantity Surveyor and Gas Project Engineer who had each accumulated over twenty years experience in the UK Gas Industry.
Having decided to combine their talents and become consultants to some of their many contacts within the gas construction and pipeline world, they set about building a team of professionals with qualifications to complement their own.
From little acorns … !! The continuing commitment and dedication of our colleagues has ensured a steady and growing work stream throughout the years. We are now on the Approved Vendor Lists for National Grid Gas, SGN, WWU and many Utility Contractors.
We have ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 registration and are an Achilles UVDB and Verify Registered Vendor. In addition, we are fully accredited for Design under the Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS).
Our head office is in the glorious West Country but we have always (over 30 years) been home working, with employees based throughout the UK in addition to Head Office in Devon. This has enabled us to reduce our carbon footprint with a reduction of fuel usage of over 170,000 gallons of fuel, not to mention travel time and stress.
We do not employ agency staff, training our own personnel as necessary. If a project calls for a discipline outside our in-house expertise, we use only people whose qualifications and experience are known to us and with whom we have worked before. We believe that clients with whom we have worked over many years consider Rush Construction Services personnel to be truly professional, with a high integrity philosophy in the provision of a reliable, targeted and balanced service.
Our Aims are Six-fold
- to build upon and complement the extensive knowledge and experience of existing staff by further promoting CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for all company personnel.
- to be a “one-stop shop” for those wishing to plan, design, estimate cost, and manage the construction and maintenance of gas-related & other pipeline infrastructure projects.
- to establish a teamwork approach on all projects, thereby promoting free information exchange and co-operation between all parties, in order to achieve the best possible outcome for our client.
- to encourage, find and implement innovative and environmentally friendly solutions to individual design requirements, whilst delivering a cost effective project in a timely manner.
- to help employees, from day one of their employment, to consider themselves an essential and valued member of our team, able to raise queries,
- to voice concerns and to feel comfortable about offering suggestions for possible improvement.
- to further reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a greener and sustainable future.