Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
At Rush Construction Services we recognise the potential impact of our business activities. Our Corporate responsibility takes account of the long term interests of all our stakeholders by balancing the social, economic and environmental choices we make that affect people, planet and profit.
Rush Construction Services actively promote safe, ethical and sustainable working practices to ensure our continuing success and good service to clients.
To fulfil our Corporate Responsibility objectives sustainability is built into all aspects of our existing, well established system that integrates quality, safety, health and environmental management. This integration ensures effective delivery of Rush Construction Services overall company strategy and business plan and consolidates our ISO 9001(Quality), ISO 14001 (Environment), ISO 45001 (Safety) and Achilles UVDB certifications.
Rush Construction Services commitment to Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability means that we:
- Implement Industry best practice standards
- Act with integrity and comply with applicable legislation
- Work collaboratively with all our stakeholders, understand their concerns and contribute to the local community. Rush Construction Services staff have long been involved in their local communities playing active voluntary and charitable roles in projects and services such as: Greener Transport through the creation of a charitable non-profit Company which has successfully campaigned for the re-opening of the Okehampton railway branch line / Greener Energy through the creation of a charitable non-profit Company which is producing Renewable Energy for local use / Community Youth Leader work / Local Government Councillors and Committee members / Company support for Local Food Bank charity.
- Conduct our business ethically
- Provide working environments that ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees
- Protect and enhance the environment whenever possible in the interests of current and future generations
- Meet and where possible exceed the needs and expectations of our clients
- Protect and conserve natural resources by reducing consumption and minimising waste where possible. Rush Construction Services Head Office continues to generate hydro-electricity and feed-in to the grid using an installed turbine and generator on the leat at our Head Office Mill. This continues the tradition of water driven power in its purest and greenest form going back 150 years. Most of the Company employees work from their home base, obviating the wasteful practice of daily commuting to a central office. Longstanding use of Internet-based video conferencing and meetings enables employees to work in collaboration “on-line”, reducing the need to travel for meetings and Head Office attendance is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Have an ongoing commitment to energy, water and waste savings and this will continue to be at the forefront of the Company’s approach to reducing its carbon footprint and contributing to environmental improvements.
- Procure materials and products from legal and sustainable sources produced ethically and without exploitation of workers or degradation of the natural environment
- Continue to promote innovation and develop sustainable construction techniques.
IN REAL TERMS, A SUBSTANTIAL CONTRIBUTION THIS COMPANY HAS MADE TO REDUCING (GLOBAL) EMISSIONS IS THE COMPLETE REMOVAL OF THE “HOME TO OFFICE” VEHICLE USE FOR 33 YEARS SO FAR.
A SAVING OF AN ESTIMATED 4.25 MILLION MILES OR 170,000 GALLONS OF FUEL, not to mention the improved well-being of staff and families that ensues.
RUSH CONSTRUCTION SERVICES WERE “HOME-WORKING” MANY YEARS BEFORE IT BECAME FASHIONABLE.